Top SEO Tips
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is one of the most important way to get your business ranking on Google. A large majority of people use search engines before they buy. If you are not on the first results your business will suffer. With white hat SEO the best tactic is to think like a customer. Is your page interesting? Is it beautiful? Do people stay on your page? Make sure your content is meaningful. I can help analyse your website and get you the best you can be on Google.
To achieve the best Search Engine Optimisation possible I first do a comprehensive audit of your website. I use various tools like Yoast plug in, site analysers and a good dose of common sense. I also analyse your keywords on the page and make sure they are as targeted as possible along with making sure your copy makes the most sense from a search engine optimisation perspective. I check your caching, page compression and other performance issues to ensure you are running as best as possible. After that I make sure you site map is up to date along with proper headings. Google is very simple in the regard if you don’t lay out the page simply they do not know what to search for. Linking is another technique on the page and also outside your website. I will work with you to help find those nooks and crannies to your site noticed.
First Meeting is Complimentary along with an AnalysisContact Us
Step by Step Guide to SEO
SEO is an interesting set of tasks that in aggregate can make a big difference for your website. Many people ask what the steps are to do this yourself. This guide is to serve that purpose, however if you need any help, we are happy to lend a hand. We have fair pricing, billed by the hour so you can get assistance right where you need it.
- Image Compression
- Name your images with your alt tag
- Structure your page with at least 300 words.
- Make your page structure like a good word document. Use Heading 1, Heading 2. This tells Google what your site is about.
- Plan the page on what keywords that you want to focus on.
- If you have more than one location right a new page for each location, but be very careful of duplicate content.
- Run a duplicate Content Checker on your site.
- Use Google PageSpeed Insights, this tool will let you know where to prioritize fixes.
- If you are using WordPress install Yoast, and tool it to every page.
- Make sure you register your website with Google Webmaster tools. Submit a sitemap. Yoast will provide one, it is typically your url/sitemap.xml.
- Make sure you install Google Analytics and check the data. This will give you valuable insight into where your users are going, when they drop off. Watch carefully for bounce rates. If you have high bounce rates, this is a big problem as it is difficult to rank with a high bounce rate. This is when users leave your site in under 10 seconds. This is an indication that your website is not providing users what they need.
- Everything you do on the page should have the user in mind. Check out your competition to see what they are doing better.
- Make sure you are Caching and using compression on your webpage.
- Install SSL on your website
- Keep your content fresh by updating pages once a month or start a blog.
- Avoid Sneaky redirects, this will not assist your website in the long run.
- Make sure your page is mobile friendly
- Monitor your website for page can not be found (404)